ROBA-stop®-stage: 100 percent safety - without double braking torque
- Redundant without double braking torque
- Ideal for stage technology
- Mounted on the free shaft end
- Completely assembled and adjusted
The ROBA-stop®-stage is an electromagnetically released dual-circuit spring-applied brake for use as a holding brake with occasional emergency braking.
In the de-energised state, several compression springs press against the two armature discs. The rotors are held between the armature discs and the intermediate disc. The braking torque is introduced into the drive train via the teeth of the rotors and the hub.
A magnetic force is generated by applying voltage to the coils in the coil carriers. It pulls the armature disks to the coil carriers against the spring pressure. The brake is released and the rotors with the hub can run freely.
After switching off the voltage, in the event of a power failure or an EMERGENCY stop, the ROBA-stop®-stage brakes reliably and safely.Download catalogue
- Mounting position
- Mounting on the free shaft end
- Dual circuit brake for stage drives
- Duty cycle
- Applicable up to 50% ED
- Safe due to fail-safe principle
- Switching status monitoring
- Suitable for EMERGENCY STOP braking.
- Redundancy through two independent braking circuits (EN 81)
- No doubling of braking torque despite redundancy
- Reduces the load on supporting structures during braking
- fulfils all safety requirements according to DIN EN 17206
- Plug-in manual release - operation without manual release and thus without risk of operating errors
- Two individual, counter-rotated brake circuits
- Insulation class F
- Construction - Protection class
- Electrical: Protection class IP 54
- Mechanical: Protection class IP 10
- Mechanical with cover: Protection class IP 30
- Assembly and maintenance
- Simple assembly
- Low maintenance
- Preset air gap