ROBA®-topstop®: Modular safety system for servomotors
- Attachment A-bearing side
- Modular safety system
ROBA®-topstop® is a modular safety brake system for servomotor mounting on the A-bearing side.
ROBA®-topstop® is suitable for the following applications:
- Use in industrial machines and systems with electric drives.
- Securing gravity-loaded axes against unintentional dropping or falling
Limits of use
It is not suitable for use in the following cases:
- Explosive atmospheres
- Applications with internal combustion engines
Product areas with special requirements: Consult mayr®. Examples: Military technology, medical products
In the de-energised state, several compression springs press against an armature disk. The armature disk thereby pushes the rotor against the flange. The flange and the armature disk clamp and brake the rotor, which has friction linings for this purpose. The rotor is positively connected to the shaft or the shrink disk hub via a toothing.
By applying a nominal coil voltage to the coil, a magnetic force is generated in the coil carrier. The magnetic force pulls the armature disk against the spring pressure to the coil carrier. The armature disk and flange release the rotor, the brake is released. The rotor can run freely and thus also the shrink disk hub or the shaft.Download catalogue
- Holds axles securely in any position.
- Optimal for vertical axes
- Mounting position
- In servo motor, A and B sides
- Duty cycle
- Applicable for 100 % ED
- Safe due to fail-safe principle
- Switching status monitoring
- Suitable for EMERGENCY STOP braking.
- Short switching times
- High power density
- High durability
- Low rotational moments of inertia
- Single circuit brake with bearing-mounted drive shaft, can be used for toothed belt drives.
- Single circuit brake with integrated, plug-in shaft coupling
- Dual-circuit brake with bearing-mounted output shaft
- Basic brake modules for special brake configurations
- Optimum adaptation to the respective axle design due to different brake concepts
- Insulation class F
- Construction - Protection class
- Protection class IP 54
- IP 65 available
- Not silenced
- Assembly and maintenance
- Low maintenance